Not open for further replies.

Elyments

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Im trying to work our the power consumption of a filter i have created in tanner tools L-Edit, ive been advised to perform a transient analysis do this this but i dont really know how to go about it; my experience of this software is very small!
I would appreciate any help!

Elyments

L-edit is the layout tool. Do you have a schematic? T-spice is run from a netlist created by S-edit. If you want to do a post-layout simulation you need to 'extract' the netlist from the layout. You need to read the the layout manual for details of netlist extraction and post-layout simulation.

I cannot help much as I have only ever used trial versions of Tanner.

Keith

Hi,

I went straight from a layout in L-Edit and exported this to T-Spice for simulation. Does anyone have any example commands to perform a transient analysis in T-Spice to work out the power consumption of my filter?

I assume it is an active filter. You need to create a subcircuit out of it then add power supplies, input signal and load. Do a transient or DC analysis and probe the current taken from the supply.

Keith

Elyments

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…