Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tamagochi Project - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityDz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello there =)

I'm starting a new project using a PIC 16f876 and a GLCD device (T6963C or ks0108 controller) I would like to build my own tamagotchi, I used to love this game when I was young

However, There are things about GLCD that I still don't get right
Let's say for example I want the tamagotchi to walk left and right through the screen, how do I do that? First thing I tried was to make maaaany CG characters (with t6963) and display them one after another, but I don't feel this is the method used in a real tamagotchi

So I went to see the proteus sample of Space Invaders but since it's written in BASic I didn't really understand anything in the program

I would really appreciate some help about how to make stuff move in an LCD screen because I can't figure out a smart method to do that.

Is there a way to simply draw something and then change its coordinates in the screen? because I haven't found any thing like coordinates, All you have is RAM Addresses, which makes things really difficult to handle

Status
Not open for further replies.