Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T.I. MSP430 FET compatible with ARM wiggler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckto

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
msp430 wiggler

Hi all,

Firstly, my intention for rasing up this topic is to first check out the possibility to use one JTAG tool for both MSP430 and ARM debugging. And actually, I want to buy the MSP430 FET isolated version, and I think it would work with ARM too.

I check some ARM wiggler compatible cable, and also some MSP430 FET schematic from the internet. I find the electronic implemention is the same for both. They use XXHC244 / XXXLPT244 to buffer the JTAG signal line, TDO/TDI/TMS/TCK. The only different is the 14pin/20pin socket pin signal arrangement is different, but we can easly make an adaptor or even make a PCB layout change on one of the board. For example, we implement the MSP430 JTAG pin arrange on the socket of the ARM base board.

I also attached some information that I check on the web for reference. I hope we can prove they are compatible. Then we can even buy the isolated FET from T.I. then we have a isolated version of wiggler also.

have a good day
Ken

arm wiggler

which of the msp430 devices does this support??

wiggler arm

I think f149 is supported!

msp430 fet

And maybe has a versatile Jtag for all of MSP's family.

ti msp 430

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.