Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

system generator vs. simulink HDL coder

Status
Not open for further replies.

salma ali bakr

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulink hdl coder download

what's the difference between system generator and simulink HDL coder...?
why should i use one and not the other?
do i see HDL code as an output of both or just .bit files ready for download on FPGA?

thanks in advance,
salma

system generator vs. simulink hdl coder

System generator generates generates parameterizable cores while Simulink HDL Coder generates synthesizable Verilog and VHDL code.

E

simulink hdl coder system generator

thanks a lot

but what does parameterizable core mean..? are you referring to the leverage of core generator to generate optimized blocks...?

so, there's no HDL generated from sysgen, it's only either a netlist or a bit file, right?

simulink hdl coder - download

system generator is a xilinx product , which is optimized to use xilinx FPGAs , but HDL coder generates verilog and VHDL codes generally without the dependencies on the certain FPGA technology

another thing u can use the output of the HDL coder in ASIC technology

khouly

aha, thanks mohamed...

so if my design is going to be implemented on FPGA then i should just use system generator...but i won't get an HDL file, it would be either the netlist or the bit file....but by HDL coder, synthesizable code is generated which can then be altered in any way i want, synthesized and implemented on FPGA or ASIC...

not any FPGA , only xilinx FPGA

the HDL coder , will generate HDL code , then u can synthize it for any FPGA or ASIC

Khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back