Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

System C & system Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference between the SystemC and System Verilog? thanks

Hi,
system C and System Verilog both are system level modellinbg language.
stating much of the differnce is difficult as it will vary.
both are mainly used for verification at SOC level.
system C is good in modelling computational models,while system verilog is close to verilog( system verilog is superset of verilog)

both have C++ fatures.
now its upto the user to make use of them

SystemC is full fledged OOP Language while SysteVerilog not. SystemVerilog is good for RTL design and modelling. SystemC is good for harwdware-software co-simulation

I am a beginner in SystemVerilog, could you recommend me 1 or 2 handy book to learn it?

I have the Hardware design experience and VHDL knowledge, want to start to learn more about Verilog HDL.

systemverilog for verification by chris spear and ieee manual (it is available in edaboard) are good material for beginers

both are good...
but looks like SV is for verification and SC is for system modeling...
My question is: Can I simulation my model by SC in SV test env?

anyone could suggest good web sites, with good example codes, for prime C on system level simulation?

As per my knowledge systemC is a language with only models..it will not appeal anything that can be realized as a hardware...Where as System verilog is for both hardware realization and it's functional verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back