Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sysnchronous communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

snsriram79

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to interface my microcontroller synchronously with my pc. i have tried asynchrounous communication ie rs232 and it works fine.

now i would like to learn sync communcation can someone help me

sriram

Hi.

They are some kind of sync interface that start from:
(in system)
2-wire :
like i2c ( one is the master other are slave)
clock , data(bidirectional)

4-wire:

like spi ( one is the master other are slave)
clock, data-in,data-out,rst

6-wire:

data-in, clock-in, sync-in
data-out, clock-out, sync-out

(out-system)
other wire interfaces.
like: t1-t3, e1-e3,isdn ,usb, etc...

as you see all the interface have the clock singnal and data for minimum
interface the other is for the specific protocol .

for more info tell more for your needs.

Best regards. 8)

With sychronous comms, you have a common clock to both circuits.
Then they are sychronised!
You can go at much faster speeds because both circuits know were they are!
Unfortunately, the pc interface does not suport this, unless you write your own routines. You could use maybe CTS as the clock, and write some code to talk to the uart on the PC.
:D

example

can u give link to sum site which has sum example on this synchronous communication with pc so that i can get the feel of it

10q
sriram

Hi !
you can try www.beyondlogic.org There are some reviews of PC parallel port interfasing (datails are in IEEE 1284 Standard). In the EPP mode parallel port works quite fast (more than 500 kbytes/s ).

Best reagrds
VladZ

serial

i would like to learn synchrounous serial port communciation

anyway thanks

sriram

SSP

Sorry, as I know PC has no standard synchrounous serial port. As described btbass you must emulate it by standard serial or parallel port.

VladZ

"i would like to interface my microcontroller synchronously with my pc. i have tried asynchrounous communication ie rs232 and it works fine.
now i would like to learn sync communcation can someone help me"

you must search the SPI (serial peripheral interface.)

PC harware has only UART (universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter)
you need USART chip for syncron communication.

But you can use some i/o pins and communicate other devices using software emulated shift register. But this different USART communication.

There is no standard sync port in the PC.
If you just want something simple and faster than RS-232, you can use the parallel port, where you can use some of the lines as data lines, and dedicate one line to be a strobe (clock) line.

You can check https://www.lvr.com/parport.htm for more details on parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back