Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesis using Synopsis Design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_dawood

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All ,

I am new to DC and looking for some help . At present I have a verified design which I have to synthesize . What clock frequency should be set for the design ??? In other words a general question would be can a design be synthesized at any frequency or is there any range of frequency which depends on the design itself .??

Thanks

Its up to your design requirements and the library you are using.

Yes there is the highest frequency based on SETUP time. And your frequency should be lower.

Yes there is the highest frequency based on SETUP time. And your frequency should be lower.

Thanks Guys for the clarification , Also in case I have

library_PVT_1.db
library_PVT_2.db
library_PVT_3.db ... and so on . In other words I have a huge list of .db's each one of them specific to one PVT . In this case how do I add my library's ?? should I link all of them ? While mapping to cells from which .db will it pick up cells ??

Thanks.

Typically, use the slowest library in DC.
The best way is to ask the foundry for setup signoff corners.

Please get the sign off corners and do run synthesi at that corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back