Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesis tool does not use ICG standard cell - timing arcs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shlooky

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I am trying to synthesize RTL code containing clock gating in Cadence Genus. When I read in the MMMC file I get the following warning about the ICG standard cell.
Warning : Detected both combinational and sequential timing arcs in a library cell. This might prevent the tool from using this cell for technology mapping. The tool will treat it as unusable. [LBR-76]
: The arc 'CK_E_Ha0' between pins 'CK' and 'E' in libcell 'GCKETHHD' is a sequential timing arc.

The tools does not use the cell, indeed.
I can get clock gating implemented in discreet form by setting "set_db / .lp_insert_discrete_clock_gating_logic 1", but I would like to use ICG instead.
I tried flipping the "dont_use" or "dont_tocuh" flags ("set_db lib_cells .dont_use 0"), but without success...

How do I disable the library "timing arcs check", or somehow get the tool to use the ICG standard cell?
Does this mean that the definition in the library is incorrect?

The RTL code is ok. When I used libs of a different technology, ICG cell gets implemented correctly.

Thank you guys!
Shlooky

Hi all!

I am trying to synthesize RTL code containing clock gating in Cadence Genus. When I read in the MMMC file I get the following warning about the ICG standard cell.

The tools does not use the cell, indeed.
I can get clock gating implemented in discreet form by setting "set_db / .lp_insert_discrete_clock_gating_logic 1", but I would like to use ICG instead.
I tried flipping the "dont_use" or "dont_tocuh" flags ("set_db lib_cells .dont_use 0"), but without success...

How do I disable the library "timing arcs check", or somehow get the tool to use the ICG standard cell?
Does this mean that the definition in the library is incorrect?

The RTL code is ok. When I used libs of a different technology, ICG cell gets implemented correctly.

Thank you guys!
Shlooky

I am 90% sure innovus has no such limitation and will pick up the cell later on on the flow. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back