Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Synthesis error while using Synopsys Designware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshk.r

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am synthesizing a vhdl design integrated with Synopsys Designware given in this link https://www.synopsys.com/dw/ipdir.php?c=DW_sqrt. I have created a component by copy & pasting the same code as provided in the option "Direct Instantiation in VHDL" provided in that link. When I synthesis my top level component named "top_unit" using the design compiler, I get the following error:

Error: Cannot find a valid implementation for module 'DW_sqrt'. (SYNH-14)
Error processing design 'top_unit_1'.
Error: Compile has abnormally terminated. (OPT-100)

Here, "DW_sqrt" is instantiated inside the vhdl code provided by Synopsys. I don't know how to obtain this file named 'DW_sqrt'. I have already added module synopsys/dc2014.09 and I am wondering if I need some other module from synopsys to be added to fix this error ? Thank you.

I don't know how to obtain this file named 'DW_sqrt'. I have already added module synopsys/dc2014.09 and I am wondering if I need some other module from synopsys to be added to fix this error ?

In order to have the above you need to a Synopsys SolvNet account. The download all the DW IPs and install/extract them somewhere in you local path. Later point your files to make use of the 'DW_sqrt' module.

Ask you manager or the one who maintains the EDA tools for the Synopsys Site ID. Using that you can create a SolvNet login.

synthetic library was not set and after setting up that, my problem was fixed. However I will refer your answer if in case I had set synthetic library and still the problem exist. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back