Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesis Constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-bedlam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Untitled.png

Can some one help me to define SDC constraints on the output of the MUX (at the extreme end.)
If i give :
clock_generated_clock -source CLK -divide_by 1 [get_ports o_mux]
then the sequential path is left out but if i give :
clock_generated_clock -source CLK -divide_by 2 [get_ports o_mux]
then the combo path is left out from being constrained by the tool.

So how do i constrain both the paths.
Are we allowed to to put two clocks on the output of the mux. I mean can we mention both of the above constraints.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Hi,

A little strange for the input of the FF. It should have input connection. Otherwise,
the format of the generated clock won't be known. From your constraints, suppose,
you need a 1/2 clock. It then similar to a circuit in the attached file, I think.

Peter

Attachments

• CLK MUX.JPG
    CLK MUX.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 73

Hi Peter , You are correct.
In your diagram also how do you constrain the o_MUX.

I am not using Synopsis DC/PT so -add option is not available.

Question: between clk pin and the output of your right end mux, there is only one flop? if yes, no create_clock are needed!
Personnaly, I will only declare one clock from TESTCLK.

Hi e-bedIam,

> create_clock -name CLK -period 10 -waveform 0 5 [get_pins DFF instance name/CLK]
> set_case_analysis 0 [get_pins [MUX instance name/SEL]

Or, directly
>create_clock -name CLK -period 10 -waveform 0 5 [get_pins DFF instance name/CLK]
>create_generated_clock -source CLK -name o_mux -divide by 2 [get_pins MUX instance name/Y]

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back