Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synplify mapping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I am facing a problem while using Synplify to synthesize my VHDL design to Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP .. the problem is simply that when I chose my top-level block to be synthesize, Synplify goes thru the compilation process only and generates a netlist that contains nothing but the interfaces of my top-level block .. it doesn't go thru hierarchy or map my lower-level modules to Xilinx primitives ..

On the other hand, when choosing to synthesize a lower-level hierarchy (by itself), Synplify works fine and maps the compiled RTL to Xilinx primitives .. given that lower-level block doesn't contain any smaller modules ..

So, what could be the reason for this problem ? .. is it something that I need to mention regarding the hierarchy ?

Added after 4 hours 6 minutes:

I found the following in the map report:

Code:
Removing instance rx2450_1.rcip_vr_parallel_6 of black_box view:work.rcip_vr_parallel(syn_black_box) because there are no references to its outputs

Is this the reason why I'm not getting such a block mapped during synthesis ?
same with the rest of lower-level modules!!

P.S. I have all component statements coded in a components package, not inside the top-level module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back