Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I am facing a problem while using Synplify to synthesize my VHDL design to Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP .. the problem is simply that when I chose my top-level block to be synthesize, Synplify goes thru the compilation process only and generates a netlist that contains nothing but the interfaces of my top-level block .. it doesn't go thru hierarchy or map my lower-level modules to Xilinx primitives ..

On the other hand, when choosing to synthesize a lower-level hierarchy (by itself), Synplify works fine and maps the compiled RTL to Xilinx primitives .. given that lower-level block doesn't contain any smaller modules ..

So, what could be the reason for this problem ? .. is it something that I need to mention regarding the hierarchy ?

Added after 4 hours 6 minutes:

I found the following in the map report:

Code:
Removing instance rx2450_1.rcip_vr_parallel_6 of black_box view:work.rcip_vr_parallel(syn_black_box) because there are no references to its outputs

Is this the reason why I'm not getting such a block mapped during synthesis ?
same with the rest of lower-level modules!!

P.S. I have all component statements coded in a components package, not inside the top-level module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…