Not open for further replies.

Smerky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas or ran into the same problem that I've been having with Synopsys VCSi software.

I have VCS 2010 june revision (So it's the latest version) installed on a Ubuntu Server (Has desktop environment) 10.4 64-bit edition. When I try to run `vcsi ./addr4.v -R -debug` on an example that synopsys provides in its documentation that comes with the software I get these errors:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++

I have installed the latest amd64 libstdc++ package, which is "libstdc++6_4.4.3-4ubuntu5_amd64.deb." But I still run into the same error. I've also installed the latest amd64 libc package, which is "libc6_2.11.1-0ubuntu7.1_amd64.deb." But that didn't seem to be a solution either.

Thank you for any suggestions any of you might have.

Smerky

Hi, I don't have experience with VCS installation, but are you sure that the version that you are using is 64 bits compatible? Try to install ia32-libs. Maybe it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…