Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys Synthesizable Intel 8237A DMA Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjim2k

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dma controller synopsys

Hi

The Intel 8237A is a simple DMA controller. In order to simplify using this controller for educational purposes, many of the advanced features have been removed. A detailed description of what is supported and what is not supported can be found below. The 8237A can be easily incorporated into a design with minimal setup and/or initialization required. The provided design is also synthesizable through Synopsys dc_shell and a testbench is also provided to demostrate the programming and DMA operations.

1. h**p://www.cs.ucr.edu/~dalton/i8237a/

* -> t

tnx

synopsys dma

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wicho on 2002-02-28 02:39 ]</font>

intel 8237a

great, tnx a lot

dma controller testbench

Nice information !!
Thanks !!

On 2002-02-19 11:25, jimjim2k wrote:
Hi

The Intel 8237A is a simple DMA controller. In order to simplify using this controller for educational purposes, many of the advanced features have been removed. A detailed description of what is supported and what is not supported can be found below. The 8237A can be easily incorporated into a design with minimal setup and/or initialization required. The provided design is also synthesizable through Synopsys dc_shell and a testbench is also provided to demostrate the programming and DMA operations.

1. h**p://www.cs.ucr.edu/~dalton/i8237a/

* -> t

tnx

8237a dma controller

Thanks for this information.

intel 8237a dma controller

thanks!

great!

dma controller in synopsys

I want the core written use verilog, can anyont helo me,thanks!

armer said:
I want the core written use verilog, can anyont helo me,thanks!

Hi

Try to use X-HDL. It converts VHDL to verilog.

tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.