Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synopsys root directory with multiple tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkdasrnvnj

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Several synopsys tool manuals say that SYNOPSYS environment variable should point to tool/synopsys root directory.

E.g. /usr/synopsys/sometool (where bin and other folders can be found)

None of the manuals have any hint on what to do when i have multiple tools (or versions of the same tool). And both of the tools need to be functional.

E.g /usr/synopsys/sometool2007 and /usr/synopsys/sometool2008

Currently i'm not setting the variable at all. I'm also considering creating start-up scripts for each tool which configures the environment only for the specific tool.

I assumed that it is not wise to add both version /bin folders of the same tool to PATH. This could be solved by using start-up scripts as-well.

Is it the right way to do things?

I assumed that it is not wise to add both version /bin folders of the same tool to PATH. This could be solved by using start-up scripts as-well.

Is it the right way to do things?

Yes Sure. If You put the bin path in PATH variable then it will conflict. The executable whose path is set in the PATH first will be executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back