Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys problem in targetting Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirzaaur

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all I am stuck with a strange problem. here is my .synopsys_dcset up file :
search_path = {/vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys }
link_library = { vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys/fast.db }
target_library = { /vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys/fast.db }

but when I want to generate an area report it show me the library used is gtech.db I have attched the snapshot of screen related to area report. why is ? and what should I do to correct it ...:cry:

37_1166543302.JPG

thanks a lot,

mirzaaux

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe you have not gone through the compile process. After u compile the design and then do the report_area, u ll be able to see the library that you are using in the Library(s) Used .

You should do compilation first. Then the tool will detail the reason how this problem happens.
Maybe it is caused by false path setting or the target library you setted doesn't exist, and so on.

thanks for replies...

Indeed the report I generate was after COMPILE....

I am still Stuck any idea...?

mirzaaux

I think there is one error in .dc_setup..
in link path u have to use list
EG: {list path....

Hello,

Pay attention to the paths you are writing in the variables:
link_library = { vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/A
should be:
link_library = { /vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/A

Maybe that "/" caused the problem.....

I hope this helps!

Mirzaaur said:
hi all I am stuck with a strange problem. here is my .synopsys_dcset up file :
search_path = {/vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys }
link_library = { vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys/fast.db }
target_library = { /vlsicad/micsoft/IBM_CMOS8/ARTISAN/cms8sfg_hvt_1.2v/aci/sc-x/synopsys/fast.db }

but when I want to generate an area report it show me the library used is gtech.db I have attched the snapshot of screen related to area report. why is ? and what should I do to correct it ...:cry:

37_1166543302.JPG

thanks a lot,

mirzaaux[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back