Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synopsys' graphical layout design tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

diemilio

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!!... I just started working with synopsys but I can't find the graphical layout design tool. I have previously worked with alliance using GRAAL to draw my standard cells and to interconect them. Could anyone tell me which tool (from the synopsys package) should I use to draw my own cells???

Thanks for your help,

diemilio.

Why not use cadence tool IC5033/IC5141 or Laker?

Cause my school just bought synopsys and I'm supposed to write some tutorials for students who are just getting familiar with VLSI design. The problem is that I HAVE NEVER USED SYNOPSYS!!! :cry:

diemilio said:
Cause my school just bought synopsys and I'm supposed to write some tutorials for students who are just getting familiar with VLSI design. The problem is that I HAVE NEVER USED SYNOPSYS!!! :cry:

Hi,
See:

**broken link removed**

Do you have CosMos tool as part of that package that your univ has bought? Which university do you belong to? If you are based in India/Bangalore, may be my company can help you further as we have extensive experience with Synopsys tools - mostly in front end though.

But AFAIK every layout tool is similar in operation (I've used Tanner/LASI/Magic etc. in the past).

HTH

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

diemilio

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
aji_vlsi said:
Hi,
See:

h**p://www.synopsys.com/products/mixedsignal/cosmos/cosmosle_ds.html

Do you have CosMos tool as part of that package that your univ has bought? Which university do you belong to? If you are based in India/Bangalore, may be my company can help you further as we have extensive experience with Synopsys tools - mostly in front end though.

But AFAIK every layout tool is similar in operation (I've used Tanner/LASI/Magic etc. in the past).

HTH

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!! that was just what I needed. I'm not sure if my univ bought that tool but I'll ask. My univ is located in Bogotá, Colombia (south america) so the support we have in this kind of matters is pretty restricted. Anyway.... thanks for your help.

hey ..

there is one more synopsys tool called Cadabra .. just check out if u have license to use that tool ...

suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back