Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synopsys design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
force design compiler

Hi all,

I want to know if there is a way of preventing design compiler from removing used pins when writing the gate-level netlist? My library has flip-flops with inputs and outputs declared as follows DFF(CLK, D, Q, QN). When I save the netlist using desing compiler it ignores all the unused QN output. This causes problem during verification. Is there a way I can force design compiler to keep the unused pins?

U can add some parameter when simulating on simulation software such as NC

mathi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello,

You need to set a variable before writing out your netlist: verilogout_show_unconnected_pins

Good luck!

mathi said:
Hi all,

I want to know if there is a way of preventing design compiler from removing used pins when writing the gate-level netlist? My library has flip-flops with inputs and outputs declared as follows DFF(CLK, D, Q, QN). When I save the netlist using desing compiler it ignores all the unused QN output. This causes problem during verification. Is there a way I can force design compiler to keep the unused pins?

mathi

There is a lot of free downloadable information abt DC........in this sub-forum(ASIC)

The date hold backs to 28 SEP 2004....(page may be 118)

Just go through it.........

good luck....................

mathi

Thanks Atre, I got it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back