Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synopsys Design Compiler FPGA (new tool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2moon

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Design Compiler FPGA

Synopsys takes another stab at FPGA synthesis
By Mike Santarini
EE Times
March 15, 2004 (11:00 AM EST)
**broken link removed**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Synopsys' pricing for Design Compiler FPGA starts at $29,000 and will announce this week.

The product lets Design Compiler implement ASIC designs in FPGA devices without changing RTL code, synthesis constraints, scripts or ASIC intellectual property.

The tool also includes a feature called Adaptive Optimization that implements a design in FPGAs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier FPGA synthesis efforts by Synopsys failed.

It introduced FPGA Compiler in 1992,
the Windows-based FPGA Express in 1996 and
FPGA Compiler II in the late 1990s,
but those tools did not grab significant business from Synplicity or Exemplar Logic (Mentor Graphics acquired Exemplar in 1999).

FPGA Express is now defunct;
Synopsys still sells FPGA Compiler II, but for smaller FPGAs.

Re: Design Compiler FPGA

Does anybody think syn0psys will sucess about FPGA/CPLD synthesis

tool? I think the possabilty is very little. :)

Re: Design Compiler FPGA

I think the Fpga Compiler is better than Syplicity.
The systhesi result of Fpga compiler is always faster.
What is the reason of failure in the market?

Design Compiler FPGA

i think synplify yields better netlists than fpga express or fpga compiler II...thats the reason...

Design Compiler FPGA

DC-FPGA would be a good start. Though I haven't seen it yet, i think it must have the same or similiar script syntax/format/function with Design Compiler, which enables immigrating from FPGA to ASIC an easy job.

Design Compiler FPGA

i have read from ensug that synopsys dc fpga is actually performing better than synplify,no one can rule out synopsys in the fpga market.the good thing is that when eda tool making companies compete amongst themselves it results in better tools for the end users.

Status
Not open for further replies.