Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synchronization of two ac motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayyub

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I GOT TWO AC MOTORS.I WANT TO SYNCHRONIZE THEM I.E IF ONE MOTOR ROTATES SAY ABOUT 1450 RPM THE OTHER SHOULD HAVE THE SAME.LETS TALK IN FREQUENCY IF ONE MOTOR'S FREQ IS 25HZ THE OTHER SHOULD ALSO HAVE THE SAME FREQ.
I HAVE CONNECTED DANFOSS VFD TO ONE MOTOR AND SCHNEIDER'S ALTIVAR VFD TO ANOTHER.ACTUALLY IM HAVING A PROJECT OF EXTRUSION LINE.SO I WANT TO RUN THE TWO AC MOTORS WITH SAME PARAMETERS BUT WITH DIFFERENT VFDs.THERE IS NO FEEDBACK FOR FREQ I AM THINKING TO USE THE CURRENT FEEDBACK.THESE TWO DRIVES ARE CONTROLLED BY PLC THROUGH MODBUS COMMUNICATION

There's no other synchronisation option than supplying the same setpoint to both VFDs. Even with same VFD and motor type,
the motors possibly won't run at exactly the same speed, e.g. due to different friction moments. True synchronisation can
be only achieved with positional feedback (incremental encoders) and VFDs supporting position control.

Status
Not open for further replies.