Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

symbol of an equation in ADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHIMRIO

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I have difficulty to understand a symbol of an equation in ADS. I don't know if it is a square root or not. If it is a square root, where can I find it in ADS.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    114.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    882.2 KB · Views: 133

Looks like a Greek lower case mu. Another like it is on the second line.
µ
To type the above mu I pressed Option-m on my Macintosh.

Sorry, I'm all wet. A close-parenthesis merges with something that looks like a letter I.

All the text is such low resolution it's practically illegible. Does the program let you enlarge the entire schematic? Then the letters should become large and obvious.

Last edited:

Thank you bradtherad for the advice, but i picked the picture from a pdf PL15-12+0.15µm+LN+pHEMT, so i can't enlarge it.

Your guess of square root is as good as any.

The schematic appears to be an LC filter. Perhaps one or more formulas are to do with resonant frequency? Say, a re-arrangement of the formula below?

F=1/(2 π √(LC))

Or the formula for reactive impedance? Etc.

It's a equivalent schematic of an inductance.
My problem is where i can find the symbol " √ " in ADS.

I believe the expression is something including (W*1e6)/(W*1e6) or similar, so the symbol in the middle is a corruption of the division notation between close and then open parentheses.

That's the easy part. much of the rest is a mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back