Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching three LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narmu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends, Can anyone help me solve this problem. I'm using three LEDs in my circuit. I have to switch it one by one so that when one LED is ON, the other two has to be OFF. Right now I'm not specifying any time period for the time which the LED has to be ON for. I'm supposed to do it using CD4052 IC. This IC is used for analog switching. It has two control pins A and B.

The logic is like
A B
0 0 - Red led is ON, other two LEDs are OFF
0 1 - Green led is ON, other two is OFF
1 0 - Blue led is ON, other two is OFF

For '0', I can ground it and for '1', I can connect a Vcc of +5V to it. But this has to be done automatically. For that I planned to use astable multivibrator. The problem is using one astable multivibrator i can accomplish to switch two leds. For switching three LEDs, i require two astable multivibrators. The logic behind it is confusing when I'm using two astable multivibrators. Can somebody help me to get the logic? Thanks in advance.

Ihe best solution is use 4017 sequencer IC. It has 10 outputs but you can use only three the 4th pin you can connect it to the RESET pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back