Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching power transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformer:
- Linear Power Transformer ..
- Switching Power Transformer ..
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Thx IanP.

I'm building a power line modem. I'm guessing i should be using a telecom transformer?

One option are telephone coupling transformers ( **broken link removed** ) but you have to be aware that these transformers are in general not rated for mains voltages ..
This issue can be addressed by proper selection of series capacitors as high pass filter + MOV (overvltage protection) at the HV side, and diodes/zener diodes/transient voltage suppressor at the LV side ..

Regards,
IanP

Antonio_Magma said:
What is a switching power transformer?

follow the link
**broken link removed**
you can find many useful information about the design of switch mode power transformers

i don't know how we got from power transformer to phone decoupling transformers. nevertheless the answer to your original question is a power tranformers [switching] means that DC is switched on the input to transfer power to the ouput by cutting flux lines. the switching is usualy done by devices that turn ON-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.