Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Power Converters Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMSA84

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am trying to understand further more the power converters control methods. I would like to open this thread to everyone share his/her basic understanding of switching power converters control.

Right now I am trying to understand how the different types of control methods, how they are applied and the advantages of each one. The only knowledge that I have is the classic PID control method.

Basically, the basic building block of a converter control are: For example, for the voltage-mode control, we have sampling network (that takes a fraction of the output voltage) error amplifier, compensator, modulator and plant (power stage).

The topics that I am trying to understand are: One Cycle control, Slide Mode Control, Fuzzy Control.

But for example, when I try to identify each of the basic block mentioned above, I can't find I direct match.

There is someone here that has an understanding of those control techniques mentioned?

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back