Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched capacitor output common mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

supriyahegde

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing switched capacitor biquad low pass filter. I have some questions regarding the design.

About my design :
1. Cutoff frequency = 1KHz
2. 65nm LP process
3. Clock frequency is 50K

There are 2 integrator in my circuit. It is a second order filter. It is not fully differential.

My question is

How am I supposed to set dc output common mode of the circuit since the switched cap is not going to set it in DC.
Usually in normal RC integrator the output common mode voltage is set by the input common mode because of DC feedback.

I hope for your answer or any reference papers I can go through.

Thanks and regards,
Supriya

in a fully differential switch cap integrator the output common mode is set by a switch cap common mode feedback circuit. the theory of this can be applied in various ways. basically apply charge to a cap and switch the cap into your high impedance node. just remember a charged cap being applied to a high z node acts like a battery causing that node to be the voltage across the cap. I have seen continuous time c feedback integrators set their input common mode this way( cmfb for the output and a switch cap setting the input cm = to the output cm)

in a fully differential switch cap integrator the output common mode is set by a switch cap common mode feedback circuit. the theory of this can be applied in various ways. basically apply charge to a cap and switch the cap into your high impedance node. just remember a charged cap being applied to a high z node acts like a battery causing that node to be the voltage across the cap. I have seen continuous time c feedback integrators set their input common mode this way( cmfb for the output and a switch cap setting the input cm = to the output cm)

Hi Prestonee,

Thank you for your comment.
As I have mentioned it already, I am designing a single ended switched cap integrator. It is not fully differential. I understand that if it is a single ended RC integrator, the output common would have been set by the input common mode through resistor in the feedback. Since I am having capacitance with switch in the feedback for switched cap integrator, how will the output common mode set during DC?

image361.jpg

Thanks and Regards,
Supriya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back