Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched Cap filters in Cadence 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

arahman137

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, this is my first post and I have got a strange problem.
I have been trying to design a 3rd order Switched cap filter and I got it to work in Cadence 5 with an FDA that I designed. Now when I converted to Cadence 6 I made sure that my FDA was exactly as the same as the one I had in Cadence 5.

However, now the 3rd order Sw Cap circuit shows oscillation (in Cadence 6). I went ahead and reduced it to a 1st order circuit and then replaced the switched caps with resistors and no problem. But as soon as I start putting switches in there (and I have used both MOS switches and ideal switches) the FDAs go into oscillation. I am still running transient analysis - and I am not sure where everything's going wrong.

My dead time generator is 16 Mhz and the Oscillation frequency is about 800 MHz. My FDA had a DC gain of 65 dB with a 110 MHz UGB with 10 pF load. Does anyone have any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back