Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sweep PSS Analysis (P1dB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys:

I have a problem here, I noticed that when PSS sweep is performed in Spectre RF , the 1dB compression point varies when I increase the number of harmonics in the PSS from, where 100 number of harmonics gives me P1dB=1dBm and 500 number of harmonics gives me P1dB=17dBm. Can anyone clarify this issue?. Thanks in advance

Rgds

Why 100-500 harmonics?? Normally 10-20 harmonic numbers are enough whichever frequency you work on....( except mixers but also with them 100 is too much)
If it's so, I think fourier transformation in PSS should mathemetically be wrong approximated.
But of course , it has a certain limit...

This is because I'm working with an up conversion mixer where the input baseband ranges from 10MHz~500MHz and LO 3.5GHz, hence the IF/RF frequency would be 3.51GHz~4.00GHz, this requires high harmonic to view the spectrum.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back