Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suse 9.2 and cadence IC5033 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radar51

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Has anyone installed IC5033 on Suse 9.2
Can Some one Please show us
1-how to prepare Suse 9.2 or 9.1 for the installation ( if it is similar )
2-there are so many setups, which one should I use ,(none of them works unless I do chmod 777) and when I run I get error (I think scripting )
Thanks !

the installation is simple.just search this forum.i will just tell you the basics.just copy your cd's to hard drive.then start the script for installation.it will ask you for the location of the installation data ,just mention the path where these are stored i\on your hard drive.when it asks about license say option 4(cadence documentation),use this if ur license environment is not set.then the installer will ask you for the what products you would like to install ,choose your options.these are the basic steps.also set ld_assume_kernel =2.4.1 in bashrc or tcshrc which ever shell you are riunning the install from after you finish your installation and are ready to run the tool.

regards
amarnath

Hi
thanxs
I've managed to install I followed some instructions
and I used ASSUME_Kernel = xxxxx

the only problem is when I start the program I get 24bit graphic card required

I have Nvidia MX 4000 and I tried with Yast and I could manage only with 16bit resolutin
so I think I should replace my card or find new driver
but I'm glad tthat the installation went OK

I'll keep you posted once I fix this problem

Please remember to choose EXT3 rather than Reiserfs, otherwise you may can't start the license server.

Status
Not open for further replies.