Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface Mount PCB Layout Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1960

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb layout design rules

Hi,

Could anyone suggest a location where to find smd layout rules, ie come into pads only at right angles, avoid 90 deg bends etc.

thnks

Peter

smt layout rules

hai,
there is no specific rules for SMD components. you check the components footprint before you send for fabric.
thanks

smd footprint

ipc782a

smd pcb design rules for smd by software

here are some books for referance on pcb design

pcb layout hight speed surface mount

A bright book for old and new designer:

Varuzhan

pcb layout design reference book

You may refer to the following book to understand the high speed board layout issues.

Johnson and Graham, High-Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic Prentice Hall, 1993

pcb routing smd

Please get the info's from Standard design rules for Rigid boards from IPC

Please, can you give a more detailed reference for "Standard design rules for Rigid boards from IPC".

Thanks,
Varuzhan

please i want some information on calculating pitch and other dimensions of a non ipc standard components please help me in this regard.

I think SMD footprint always include in the datasheets, so let create footprint if no available in library your PCB software application.
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back