Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface Acoustic Wave touchpanel project

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernmystery

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After hours in google and various websites I'm still unable to determine examples of part names/nos for the bits used to construct SAW touchpanels.

These links here show the basic layout:
SAW PANEL LAYOUT 1
**broken link removed** (scroll bottom)

4 Transducers (X1, X2, Y1, Y2) and reflector bars are the bits I'm trying to source.

My question is what sort of transducers are these and what kind of reflectors. I just need a point in the right direction.

Thanks

are you trying to make this kind of touch screen on your own ??

The transducers used are called "interdigital transducers". They convert electrical energy to acoustic energy and vice versa. I can't find any specific part no., but google this term, you should get a lot of material.

Also, the reflecters are simple acoustic reflectors.

mehtadhaval

I really appreciate the feedback and will conduct further research and see what I can find.

And yes, I am planning to produce this kind of touchscreen on my own. It doesn't appear to be that difficult once you know what parts to use and which partners to approach (e.g. for tempered glass or for printing reflective metal arrays across the glass surface and/or even the touch controller).

With the parts in my possession, the diagrams and analysis equipment I hope to produce a very reliable acoustic wave touch solution for incorporation into a product prototype I am putting together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back