Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] suppress spike of contactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

larten

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I use contactor to control my ac motor
but when it changes the direction there are some spikes that sometimes reset my micro

when i google my problem some says that i should use snubber
is it the best way or not?
where shoild i use RC snubber? in parallel with contacts or coil

hello

Could you post your schematic?
If your contactor has a DC coil , you need a diode (anti-retour = reverse way) accross it.
You can put a RC snubber 100 Ohms in serial with 47nF (400V minimum) accross the used contact.

What is the power of your motor ?

Reactions: larten

larten

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi larten .
there are some suggestions : 1- use a low value capacitor ( e.g 4.7u ) pretty nearby supply pins of your micro . 2- use an LC filter for your motor 3 - use an snubber network 4- use a suppressor filter ( kind of EMI filter )
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

If your contactor has a DC coil , you need a diode (anti-retour = reverse way) accross it.
I place diode in reverse across my DC coil

ou can put a RC snubber 100 Ohms in serial with 47nF (400V minimum) accross the used contact.
isnt it beter to use one o these circuits
clamp.gif

2- use an LC filter for your motor 3 - use an snubber network 4- use a suppressor filter ( kind of EMI filter )
could you explain more?

if it could help I use relay to drive my contactor and it has reverse diode and transistor and I use 3 phase motor

- - - Updated - - -

I put RC between each phase and it eliminate most of spikes

I wonder if it won't harm my motor

Last edited:

This link (even in french) show all possible solutions..
**broken link removed**

could you explain more?
Hi again
Certainly ! if you use a differential filter before supply of your control section with ability of attenuate an special BW that is in your problem , thus there won't be any problem .
if it could help I use relay to drive my contactor
It will be same !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back