Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Supervisory Control for a Intelligent Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene Mongoose

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I need help with a project I am doing.
I am designing a battery charger that will allow me to control the charging current of a dedicated battery charger IC that is connected to a PIC18F4431. Is there anyone who knows how to go about doing it?

Hi guys,

I need help with a project I am doing.
I am designing a battery charger that will allow me to control the charging current of a dedicated battery charger IC that is connected to a PIC18F4431. Is there anyone who knows how to go about doing it?
you can use a device such as the ACS712 to measure the current
**broken link removed**
feed its output into a PIC18 ADC.
Use PWM to control the current?

BQ2031 is also battery charging IC which can help you. wich gives intreface with controller too.

BQ2031 is also battery charging IC which can help you. wich gives intreface with controller too.

I am currently tied down to the MAX846A battery charger IC. is there any forum or whatsoever not that can provided me with reference C codes to write the program as I would admit that I am not very well verse with C code programming

you can use a device such as the ACS712 to measure the current
**broken link removed**
feed its output into a PIC18 ADC.
Use PWM to control the current?

Thats the general idea that was given to me as well. but I could do with some practical examples as I am really clueless as to how to go about starting the programming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back