Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

super compression !!!!!! not dream it is real !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
super compression

super compression !!!!!! not dream it is real !!

dear all , now i have download a file 9.3MB .RAR and when i extracted i found it 3.49GB really and not a fake and the file is working , it was taged by Super Compressed !!!

how this done ?? and what software can do it ?? how such works ??

thanks for any one has any tips about such topic

thanks all

bye

supercompression

create a file with 9MB of valid data, and 5GB of zeros
rar it
and you will get the same ...

maestru said:
I don't understand how to create 5GB of zeros.
:cry:
Can somebody help me to understand how to super compress?

Count the number of consecutive zeros and send only one '0' and the count, for example.
So theoretically you can compress the 5 Gbyte file with only zeros to just a few bytes. Just not very useful, I think.

useful where the data is monitored from a device over a longer period of time and that data is always constant except if there is any interruption. The only thing is that instead of basing it on binary data compression, it should be aware of what data is generated. Say a sensor keeps on giving a value of 0x234 for 24 hours, where it is monitored every minute. At the end of the day, it an archive is needed, then saying that 0x234 occured (24 * 60) time will compress it to 32 bit as compared to 23kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back