Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c2051

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thanks for your time and help. I'll try the new software.

Will the old firmware work on the newer sofware or do you need to upgrade that as well, I am on V4.1 not v3.5, that I said previously. But I will try and see, no problem.

Yes..the firmware should be SS.4.4V a single sided PCB version and is compatible with any Proload softwares. I have tested with 3.5, 5.2 and now i am using it with 5.4 the new version. Cheers

Hi sir i would like to have the sunrom programmer circuit to make my own 89c51 programmer ....
help me out sir....

can any one explain me how 89C51 can be programmed with usb power supply..........?

yes simple you have to convert 5v to 12v dc while programming (31 pin )in order to program 89c51 rest of thing is normal

Last edited:

Hi Everybody,

I think all these efforts what it has been done here in this post is worth more than Rs.2500/- So it is better to buy a working programmer from Sunrom for Rs. 2500. after all this has to work for some years for us. :) )) )))

Thankyou

Firmware V3/(V2) is a working source code for 40 pin chips only problem is it is not working for 20pin 89C2050 device
giving error device detect time out. when checked in hyper terminal and changed the error message it is showing all the 40 pin chips at 20pin it is showing device not detect. If any one have solved this problem pls share the code for fully working model.
my hardware is working with V41, V44
should I upload the firmware which I have experimented?

Dear shamikrudra,
What PCB do you use? Firmware V3 is meant for a double sided PCB. Did you made this PCB too?
I used this firmware for my hardware - detecting all micros in both ZIF socket but ........
Please remember earlier posts of this thread.
Thanks.
p55xp

Dear p55xp
I want to run this firmware on single sided board. do you have made double sided board for this firmwarev3?
can you share circuit and other information of double sided board?
Thanks

Dear Shamik,
So far I can remember that there is minor difference between circuit diagram of double-sided pcb and that of single sided pcb. Therefore firmwares are not interchangeable; and you cannot "run this firmware on single sided board". Here is double sided pcb. Find differences in schematic.
Good luck.
p55xp.

Attachments

• Sunrom_DS_PCB.rar
    222.2 KB · Views: 128

@p55xp
only difference I found with SS board and DS board is the VPC generation and 6.5V circuit. is there any other difference?
I have tried lots of changes in firmware but no success. firmware 2 is working for 89c52 and 89s52 (tested). could not able to work with 89c2051. I have worked with hyper terminal and changed the message in every loop like 89Cchip not found,89schip and 2051chip not found . when I am connecting the 2051 chip in zif it is showing 0 byte and when not connected 2051 chip not found. I am giving you the modified firmware with 57600 baud rate connection.

Attachments

• firmwarev3.rar
    59.1 KB · Views: 107

@shamikrudra,
I made only double sided pcb hardware, and was unable to write to any AT89CXXXX and AT89CXX version, though I was able to read all micro-controllers. I was only able to write to AT89S52. I am still interested in this project and try to re-start the project soon. Now I am busy with another project that involves PIC micro-controller. You may find it interesting. If so, you can see it HERE!!

I have not seen the sunrom programmer circuit for a long time. So please be patient with me for some time. I must try to find the difference in those two circuits. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.
p55xp

@shamikrudra,
Now I am busy with another project that involves PIC micro-controller. You may find it interesting. If so, you can see it HERE!!

I have not seen the sunrom programmer circuit for a long time. So please be patient with me for some time. I must try to find the difference in those two circuits. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.
p55xp

Seems to some sort of advertisement to gain popularity. Other Mods have a look at it..

@shamikrudra,
I made double sided pcb at home. When I did this, I didn't know about toner transfer method.
Process I followed was very critical. I printed both side of the pcb on my inkjet printer, made a 1:1 negative film thereof from a shop who make films of artwork for screen printing. Cut the double side copper clad board (CCB) in size, activated both side of it with negative photo-resist, dried, and kept it in a light proof packet.

Then held both top and bottom film against light to synchronise all vias and corner marks, and closed along 3 sides of it with transparent cello-tape - in the form of an open mouth envelope. Put the pre-activated CCB into it and placed this CCB filled envelop between two pieces of glass like a sandwich - clipped tightly. This process was done under yellow safe-light (night-lamp) in a dark-room. Kept the hole combination in a light-proof large envelop - made of black thick art paper.
Now exposed both side of this sandwich in direct sunlight for 45 seconds to each side, keeping it on the black envelop so that the other side may not get over-exposed. Put the sandwich back in the black envelop.

Then back in the dark-room developed the CCB with die-developer. Now the exposed places darkens and turn to black, stays on the CCB as mask, and unexposed photo-resist dissolves in the developer - where copper became bare again. Masking was ready, washed and dried the CCB without damaging the masking.

Etched this CCB in Ferric-chloride and get the PCB.

I was unable to plate the hole-wall of the via with copper, because I didn't find conductive ink.

The photo-resist I used is meant for making block for printing works. This blocks are like huge solid barrel used to print nice color photos on millions of poly-pack, pouch that we use and throw away everyday.

Though this process is very accurate, but is costly and critical at the same time for making one or two pcbs for the prototypes. I won't suggest to follow this way of making pcbs unless very accurate and high density component population is required in a prototype. Use toner-transfer instead

I shall try to find those things that I used for the process and upload the photos that may clarify the steps.

That's all. Thanking you.
p55xp.

Hello,

Thank you for firmware, PCB files, information,
I plan to convert Single Sides PCB to Double Side (Complete Rework from schematic) to make it jumper free, will use FR-4, 1.6mm PCB.

Thank You.
suds

Suds,
I do not understand your plan. Double sided pcb is there, and is also jumper free.

PCB layouts are available as pdf/image file, I would like to make it available as gerber.
I am just converting single sided to double side with out changing schematic, (use traces/via instead of jumper wire).

I don't use pdf/image for making pcb, so I have to make this, to generate gerber, so I am making it.. no special purpose.

(Yes I found double side PCB after I posted this, but it uses different Firmware)

@suds07. There is a file "89XXXX PROGRAMMER.MAX" in attachment in my previous post in this thread. You can try to edit this in Orcad. This hardware is for DS version of firmware, if you want to use SS version of firmware, you need to change the hardware accordingly. But the difference in hardware is not so big that it invites a fresh start. It may be possible to achieve the goal with minimum editing of above file in Orcad. Still If you freshly design a double sided PCB for the SS version of firmware, please upload it here for us to construct and evaluate your development.

Thanks
p55xp.

Still If you freshly design a double sided PCB for the SS version of firmware, please upload it here for us to construct and evaluate your development.
p55xp.

I am familiar with Firmware dependencies, saw you post, but I am not sure if any demo version or orcad is available to edit those files.
After I complete it, will make the pcb layout available in image / pdf form.
(I was using Single Side version of board, it is not working now. )

Status
Not open for further replies.