Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c2051

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sunrom programmer circuit and software for 89c52 and 89c

Hi, I build the prog..the proload is detecting hardware but no device detected...I did all checks but not succeeded. Any suggestion?
Thanks
sadat007

Please help to solve the Sunrom programmer problem

Is parallel programming of C52 working?

DETECTING ALL DEVICES -
AT89C51, AT89C52
AT89C1051, AT89C2051, .....
AT89S51, AT89S52

READING ALL DEVICES -
AT89C51, AT89C52
AT89S51, AT89S52

ERASING ALL DEVICES -
AT89C51, AT89C52
AT89S51, AT89S52

WRITING TO ONLY-
AT89S51, AT89S52

So no programming of AT89CXX and AT89CXX51 is working

Thanks,
P55XP.

Do you know how to test the Vpp circuit?

sadat007 said:
Hi, I build the prog..the proload is detecting hardware but no device detected...I did all checks but not succeeded. Any suggestion?
Thanks
sadat007
Interfacing between your device and pc is working properly. So you can conclude that,

1) Firmware chip is working.

2) Circuit part from firmware chip through MAX232 up to pc com port and interfacing pc software is working properly.

3) Vcc is working properly.

Now check following points minutely,

1) The latch ic (74HC573) is getting Vcc and working.

2) The Vpc (i.e. voltage to programming chip) line to the sockets are working.

3) Now check all traces between firmware chip and both sockets. Start with 20 pin zif socket, because latch ic is not involved.

4) Check pins involved in flash programming modes table, these four pins are different ports in zif40 socket and zif20 socket. Find these pins in the data-sheet.

5) Check adjacent pins for being short inside the zif socket. Also check dry soldering.

Go through above steps minutely one after one, I hope you must succeed.

Good Luck!
P55XP.

vsmGuy said:
Do you know how to test the Vpp circuit?
I checked it. Primarily it is 5V2, after programming command it rises to, 12v2. In case of AT89S52 it comes down to 5v2 again and pc software declares 'Programming OK'. But in case of C52 the Vpp stays at 12v2 and pc software is 'not responding'. I also checked switching of this voltage before I put any ic into the board, at the very beginning when I construct the board.

Thanks, P55XP.

Re: Please help to solve the Sunrom programmer problem

I finally ordered the PCB and successfully made the programmer

for home made PCB there is no masking an thats why all the problem starts with soldering.

from my experience if you want to learn 8051 buy the programmer other wise DIY kit will take all your valuable time and lots of money may be without success.

In Kolkata I can Give some programmer because no manufacturer makes single PCB so I made some.
Thanks

Re: Please help to solve the Sunrom programmer problem

shamikrudra said:
from my experience if you want to learn 8051 buy the programmer other wise DIY kit will take all your valuable time and lots of money may be without success.
I have a popular programmer that I purchased in 2007 from Chandnichak - Kolkata, made by a local company (Kolkata based). I am keen to get Sunrom programmer running as a DIY project and as a challenge!
shamikrudra said:
In Kolkata I can Give some programmer because no manufacturer makes single PCB so I made some.
Thanks for your offer. I shall send you a PM, let me decide for a while.
Thanks.
P55XP.

@sadat007
In last couple of days I have several times surf through the sunrom page, but I cannot recognize the communicating software as a version of proload. Overall this is an USB programmer. No chance therefor to use with the hardware you built.
Thanks.
P55Xp.

Okay,
I like to

*Use USB to serial with USB 5V to 15V StepUP Regulator. But StepUp only for Programming and 5V direct from USB. I requested some samples from TI for StepUp converter as will receive, will update here.

*I think Atmel also support 5V programming mode, can we implement in this programmer?

Thanks
sadat007

sadat007 said:
I like to
*Use USB to serial with USB 5V to 15V StepUP Regulator. But StepUp only for Programming and 5V direct from USB. I requested some samples from TI for StepUp converter as will receive, will update here.
Go ahed, I think this is possible. USB port can provide this much power. But also take into account the possibility of USB8051 µController to hold the firmware. Atmel has many such microcontroller like AT89C5130/C5131 etc. Please surf through following link -
https://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/atmel/at89c5131_ds.pdf
sadat007 said:
*I think Atmel also support 5V programming mode, can we implement in this programmer?
AT89LVXX devices are low voltage programmable.
Thanks.
P55XP.

Re: sunrom 1001-3456 Firmware source

New Improved firmware for sunrom programmer
this is tested on Single sided board. with speed 57600.
Pls post your reply if satisfied or found any problem

Attachments

• VT89S45.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 189

Thanks for sharing. But before i decide wether to try it, will you please let all know about what special features are added / deducted in this firmware compared to the old one?

I mentioned the speed 57600 in which it is connecting with PC.
Now I am working on AVR support.

I mentioned the speed 57600 in which it is connecting with PC. Now I am working on AVR support.
The programmer is already working on Single sided PCB @ 57600 Baud with the original firmware and Proload5.4v. Anyways, best of luck with your AVR support experiments. Hope you are trying to make the Sunrom programmer to work for AVR devices too.
Cheers

Hi,

I am new to 8051 programming and build this programmer as my first programmer.

At first the proload software did not want to detect the board but this was fixed by loading the hex file again with a different programmer (old needham programmmer).

The new BKE programmer can't program the 89c51rd2 chips, unless you want to see smoke comming out of the Bke programmer.

So the first programmer programmed the chip and gave an OK message but did not work.

Now the software is detecting the board but gives the following message: ER03 : Chip not detected"

It would help if you had a few testing steps, put 5v on this pin then you must get 13V on that pins etc.

Because all the connections is fine and the 5V and grounds are were they should be.

I am currently using the proload 3.1, but can't seem to get a newer version.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

First of all despite the 89C51 is used as a firmware chip in the original design, using 89S52 gave better stability as well trouble free performance. You may use the same for the firmware chip. Proload 5.4 is the latest version availble and is alreday uploaded by me in this thread for another members request. Let me know if you coudnt find it. The 3.0 version is the very old one, whereas the 5.4v will have an auto chip detect feature.
Cheers

Thanks, for the reply.

I successfully got the programmer to program an at89c4051, at89c2051 and an 89S52 but it still can't program an 89c51RD2.

But by placing the 89c51RD2 in the first slot and grounding pin 29 and using Atmels free Flip software I got the hex file onto the chip and it is working now, but I will follow your advise and rather use the 89s52 for the firmware chip.

The link you gave on page 1 is not working anymore : ****://ifile.it/k8txjl5 (not allowed to post a link)
expired

Thanks.

Here is the new link for proload v5.2 and v5.4.
http://ifile.it/48im17f
http://ifile.it/48im17f/Proload x 2.rar
The 89C51RD2 is not supported by the said programmer and thus not able to read or write. You may refer the Sunrom programmers supported list for compatible devices. If not available let me know.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.