Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suitable smoke detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabby21

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

anyone can help me out what sensor can be used to detect smoke? so far the ionization smoke sensor is my choice since its available at the market. but i have a problem on its circuit.

anyone can suggest better than the ionization smoke sensor?thank you

Most home smoke detectors are based on optical scattering, mainly to avoid safety issues with radioactive sources. Their results are generally competive to ionization technology. For a brief comparison, see Smoke detector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sir,
My humble suggestion is that - for better and serious application use both main types of smoke detectors- ionization detector and photoelectric detector along with a heat detector to warn of a fire. This is the only way to make a better fire alarm.

In either type of detector steam or high humidity ( condensation on the circuit board and sensor) or normal cooking (due to minute smoke particles) may cause the alarm to sound. So a heat detector with them is needed.

Last edited:
FvM and papunblg, thanks for the reply.

@ FvM, so youre trying to say sir that there are more other efficient results than the ionization?

@papunblg, yup, ive already have solved regarding heat problem, ill be using LM35 as my heat sensor and about being confused what will my sensor for smoke, basically ive thought about using LDR for my smoke sensor, but i really dont know what will be suitable at, and im looking also the availability on the market, price and its circuit

I say that optical smoke detectors should be considered.

@ FvM,

can you recommend a specific optical smoke detectors? so i can check its availability in the market. thanks

Unfortunately I can't. I notice most recent home as well as industrial smoke sensors are using octical detection, but I'm not aware of the design details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back