Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions on graphical VHDL editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkef

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Graphical VHDL Editor

I am looking for a Graphical VHDL Editor. I have build varius VHDL modules and i want to create multiple instances of them and connect them in pure-structural manner at top-level. I wish to avoid instantiating them by hand because it is confusing and error prone :cry:. I have tried to instantiate them using the generate vhdl feature, but the structures are not regular , so there no use for it.
If you hava any suggestion please post it, free tools would be preferable.
Many thanks

Graphical VHDL Editor

I remember mentor have this kind of tool?

Graphical VHDL Editor

you can find this feature in Mentor Tools "FPGA Advantage" i know its not a free tool but it will be so effective with your need.

Graphical VHDL Editor

Mentor HDL Densigner is the VHDL/Verilog graphical design suite for FPGA's and ASIC's.

nkef

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Graphical VHDL Editor

Aldec also has a very good graphical environment with Active-HDL.

nkef

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Active HDL can be one solution for graphical vdhl also u can use qartusII symbol editor /Xlilinx ISE symbol editor to do the graphical entries

Many thanks for the replies , i will try to get demos of the Active HDL and HDL Designer.

Graphical VHDL Editor

I have studied such topic for years. The traditional schematic based tool usually cannot fit for large project.
I think the best one is Topweaver. It is free. Visit http://www.topweaver.com/demo.htm for quick demos.

You may also like to use Xilinx EDK.

Timingtool !

Graphical VHDL Editor

i think that Active HDL is a good choice

Regards

Graphical VHDL Editor

active hdl has good graphical interface for vhdl block generation

Graphical VHDL Editor

How about the summit?

Hi
Try XILINX WebPack package.
Its free, also there are ports to run it on both LINUX and Sun Solaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back