Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions needed for a FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nexys2 de1

Hello everybody
I would like to buy a FPGA board, a friend recommended me ones from Digilen (NEXYS) but I would like to know your opinions.
Which is the best I can get for less than $150?
Thanks for your help.

< $150??

three years our group bought a DN6000 board with 6 virtex-2p from it, the price is $40K.

echo47 said:
"something better" isn't very specific. ;)

You are right echo47, I do not have specific requierements but I would like the best cost-performance relationship. That is why I have the NEXYS board as reference, because a friend recommended me that one.
Do you think it is a good one? Do you know other one with similar capabilities and lower price?

I saw that list you mentioned, that was why I wanted to know your opinions about some boards.

Thanks for you support.

Dear

I have bought a nexys2 a week ago, but still I do not begin working on it.
Before I bought it, I have search alot and I think this is one of the best board.

Good luck

Thanks for your post hrhgroup

I am running out of time to buy one, yeah I think it is a very good board too, just wanted to know if someody had problems with it and/or recommend another one.
How many days did it took to get the board in your house?

Greetings

vbc said:
Thanks for your post hrhgroup

I am running out of time to buy one, yeah I think it is a very good board too, just wanted to know if someody had problems with it and/or recommend another one.
How many days did it took to get the board in your house?

Greetings

Umm...
My situation was diffrent, and I buy it indirectly.
But it took about one or atmost two week.
BTW in the book of FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples one of the board the author recommanded is Nexys2.

Good Luck

vbc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
well find 150$ more somewhere, and buy XUPV2P :)
and you will have a lot of things which u can do with it! plus... PowerPC processors!

Unfortunately I do not think I should spend more money now, as I am not an expert in FPGA's, besides you do not get money from trees :D, so I will go for the NEXYS2 board.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hmm still its around 150 and no LEDs and 7-segments:

Altera DE1 Board P0528 1,200 $150

I too love Altera - IMHO their IDE is much better than the ICE collection of what appears as separate programs. Just my opinion of course

If $99 is still in your budget I will suggesti this Cyclone board. I got it direct from HK for $99 which included parcel shipping

http://www.tj-qidong.com/dispTable.asp?id=29&tab=CPshop&word=TQD-CY

92238326c707.jpg

**broken link removed**

Hello all,

sometimes in choosing the dev board, there is always a lo of choices that we can choose from the available market,but sometimes it makes things harder.For exp,we can choose the board from the last comment but does the board provide us with the support that we need,especially when you are a beginner in FPGA (which is same like me).

So any advice in choosing the board? :D

but does the board provide us with the support that we need,especially when you are a beginner in FPGA (which is same like me). So any advice in choosing the board?
Yep, you are right, support is down to bare minimum, such as swap if it dies but that's abou it.

I was looking for rock bottom price on Cyclone2 and found that company for about half what an "official" Altera kit would go for...

Status
Not open for further replies.