Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions needed: building thermal imaging camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

formjk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to do a study for building a thermal imaging camera. The sensor would be some focal plane array detector.
and i will need to do the non-uniformity correction, image enhancement etc. i read a few papers about the IR camera desing using
FPGA and DSP both
or only DSP
or only FPGA.

I have worked on FPGA and though I know DSP , i have never worked on a DSP processor but am quite comfortable with C.

Is it difficult to work on a DSP processor for a newbie and get the project successfully implemented in around 4-6 months ?

Also, if i chose to use DSP processor + FPGA combination, as many papers suggest, which should be the ideal choice for DSP processor (or kit), in terms of price, availability of tools and development (learning + development) time.

any suggestions would be of great help.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back