Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for Newbie on electronic project kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayellis

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, My name is Ray.I would like to know if you could suggest an electronic project kit to start out with and where to buy. This will be for my 13 year old son and me. We are both very new to this ;so we will be learning together. I would like something that will be very interesting for a teenager. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Ray

Take a look at this old thread: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/190959/#post798967. You and your son are obviously older than the subject of that thread but much of the advice is still valid.

In my experience, buying one of these multi-project type kits is a good start if you're unsure of which types of projects will hold your interest, but I don't recommend the large ones since people seem to outgrow that entire type of experimentation after they've had one of any size, then graduate to breadboarding projects in specific interest areas and perhaps starting to solder permanent circuits from kits.

If you or your son have some specific types of project in mind, you need only mention them.

Status
Not open for further replies.