Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for common FET's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Could someone please suggest a few commonly available and general purpose FET's . I would be using them primarily for switching small currents (<100mA) and also for making switched capacitor circuits.

Thanks in advance!!

Switched capacitor circuits usually require FETs with separate bulk terminal to be able to switch birectional voltages. To reduce charge injection, CMOS analog swiches would be the preferred solution. There's only a small choice of MOSFET with separate bulk, e.g. former Vishay SD211.

Thanks you very much for the suggestion. I will look into CMOS analog switches, maxim seems to have a good selection. But i also wanted to know a few part number of commonly used n and p channel FET's....

As FvM has mentioned, switched cap circuits are unlikely to be implemented using discrete FETs as parasitic capacitances are likely to kill whatever performance you have. The basic rule for switched caps is that if you want it fast, you need small caps. But if you use small caps, you need small parasitic caps.

I would review manufacturers or catalog distributor selection tables for suitable types.

I guess, each developer has it's own portfolio of preferred types. I'm using e.g. BSS138 as a standard small signal switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.