Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for a Linux VHDL tools suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

fe64970103

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all !

I recently moved to Linux and I would like some comments or suggestion on VHDL tools for Linux. I am designing with Altera and Xilinx devices.

Is there any compiler, schematic/text entry, simulator, waveform viewer tool ?

Thanks for you comments !

mark

linux vhdl schematic

ModelSim, Synplify and Altera Quartus II are also available for Linux platforms. Under Wine or VMWare, you can also use Xilinx implementation tools on a Linux machine.

program vhdl in linux

I think the most VHDL-Tools runs under Linux! In the history the VHDL tools are Designed for Unix, in the last years mor developer of VHDL Software are switching to the windows platform.
Mostly you can download from the developer homepage a windows also a unix / Linux Version of the Software!
For what tools are you looking?? Then I can say you where you can find them. Mostly I think to Design with VHDL you need the following software:
Translogic Ease/Eale, ModelSim, Synplify and Quartus. All these tools runs under windows and linux.

Phytex

I was looking for FREE SW. Curently I am using Quartus Web edition for Windows but I would like to switch to Linux. Where can I obtain a Quartus Linux edition.

Generaly I need a compiler for ALtera devices, a simulator and a wave viewer and possibly a " GUI test wave generator".

Mark

hi, could you please tell more about how to use synplify by the wine program? I failed

Hi fe64970103:

In my knowledge, the linux version of q#@rt#s is NOT free.

Status
Not open for further replies.