Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Suggestion for psice software!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtigerxx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I use the ltspice from linear for spice. But is a little difucult to use.

Is there any other psice software better than ltspice ?

What you are using for spice simulation?

Thanks

All Spice simulators generally have a somewhat steep learning curve. Many on these forums use LTspice since it's one of the best free versions. Have you tried some of the many LTspice sample programs and tutorial to help with your learning?

Multisim (formerly Electronic Workbench) may be a little more intuitive to use but it's not free.

Pspice is another verison of Spice that is widely used but also not free.

I use the free version of SIMetrix/SIMPLIS. It seems to be as good as LTSpice, but I found it much easier to learn and use.
BTW, I did use LTSpice for awhile, but found it an exercise in frustration.

Hi i will try the Micro-cap 11 & SIMetrix/SIMPLIS.

For the ltspice there are libraries for other parts?

For the ltspice there are libraries for other parts?
You can import SPICE libraries from manufacturers in to PSpice, but you need to connect them to component symbols if you are using schematci entry, as most people do.

There are many tutorials about it on the net.

Thanks for the informations.

What is the most easy to use and have a lot of libraries software for spice and not free ?

Bob Cordell has made SPICE models for a number of discrete devices. They're available as a free download on his website here, and should be a lot more accurate than the models supplied by manufacturers.

A word of warning, though: IMO, Bob had a bit of a brain-fart when he named his models - he added the letter "C" (for Cordell) as a suffix to all the part numbers, to distinguish them from the other models in your library, so for example the model for a 1N4148 diode is labelled 1N4148C. The problem of course is that many parts (e.g. BC550 transistors) commonly have a suffix anyway to indicate gain group or voltage rating etc.

When I asked him about this on another forum, he explained that the parts he tested were not "C" grade parts, but rather the ungraded parts. So for example, the "BC550C" model is based on a BC550 transistor, not necessarily a BC550C.

Anyway, to avoid confusion I edited the text file and added "bob" as a prefix to all the model names.

Hi godfreyl - interesting information (and new for me!). Thanks.

Thanks all for the info.
I think the thread is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.