Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggested power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofingboom

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for sugestions of a suitable chip for a 5 and 3.3v power supply from either a 12 or 24 volt battery. problem is i must survive starter dip which is about 3 volts for 80ms and then 6 volts while the starter is cranking.
I really do not want to use a flyback in this situation. I would like to use a buck boost so i am looking for suggestions please!
thanks
the output will be 3 amps for 3.3v and the 5 volts will only use like 500mA max. i was thinking of a buck boost to 3.3v and then boosting 3.3v to 5 volts since i will not be using much current at 5 votls.
let me know what you guys think
THanks

I think u can use pt6303,6302 switching regulator from texas intruments thank u,

Added after 1 minutes:

I think u can use pt6303,6302 switching regulator from texas intruments thank u,

Hi roofingboom,

If space and cost are not a big deal then you might want to solve the problem by making ourself a mini-UPS for the supply. You could use a small gel cell battery to supply power to your regulator for the short time it needs while the starter is running and then revert back to a charge mode once your power comes back. The regulator could then switch over to the 12-24v source.

more costly but pretty sure fire way around the problem and sometimes thats what counts.

good luck

dfullmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back