Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest me some FINAL YEAR ELECTRONICS PROJECT .IF POSSIBLE VLSI PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Design and VLSI Implementation of a Decimation filter for Hearing Aid Applications

download full project at fileml.com/1i5w77

abstract::

Approximately 10% of the world’s population suffers from some type of hearing loss, yet only small percentage of this statistic use the hearing aid. The stigma associated with wearing a hearing aid, customer dissatisfaction with hearing aid performance, the cost and the battery life. Through the use of digital signal processing the digital hearing aid now offers what the analog hearing aid cannot offer. Currently lot of attention is being given to low power VLSI design.
More and more people around the world suffer from hearing losses. The increasing average age and the growing population are the main reasons for this. The decimation filter used for hearing aid applications is designed and implemented both in MATLAB and VHDL. The decimation filter is designed using the distributed arithmetic multiplier in VHDL. Each digital filter structure is simulated using Matlab and its complete architecture is captured using Simulink. The resulting architecture is hardware efficient and consumes less power compared to conventional decimation filters. Compared to the comb-FIR-FIR architecture, the designed decimation filter architecture using Comb-half band FIR-FIR contributes to a hardware saving and reduces the power dissipation.

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

[/COLOR]DETERMINISTIC CLOCK GATING FOR LOW POWER VLSI DESIGN

download full project at fileml.com/1i5w81

abstract ::

The demand for power-sensitive design has grown significantly in recent years due to tremendous growth in portable applications. Consequently, the need for power efficient design techniques has grown considerably. Several efficient design techniques have been proposed to reduce both dynamic as well as static power in state-of-the-art VLSI circuit applications. With the scaling of technology and the need for higher performance and more functionality, power dissipation is becoming a major bottleneck for microprocessor designs. Clock power is significant in high-performance processors.
Deterministic Clock Gating (DCG) technique effectively reduces the clock power. DCG is based on the key observation that for many of the pipelined stages of a modern processor, the circuit block usage in the near future is known a few cycles ahead of time. DCG exploits this advance knowledge to clock-gate the unused blocks. Because individual circuit usage varies within and across applications, not all the circuits are used all the time, giving rise to power reduction opportunity. By ANDing the clock with a gate-control signal, clock-gating essentially disables the clock to a circuit whenever the circuit is not used, avoiding power dissipation due to unnecessary charging and discharging of the unused circuits

GO TO OPENCORES.ORG WEBSITE AND FIND A 8O85 OR 8051 source and add floating point module to it. or small dsp engine . thats what you will learn when you try to make a career in vlsi. dont go for big projects until and unless you have tools available in your college.

can any one suggest me a vlsi project for my main project ? upto simulation is enough ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back