Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me some analog circuits for voltage comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_out

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can any one suggest me some analog circuit for voltage comparation?
This comparator will compare a voltage input and a reference input and give me the logic level?

Thanks

Re: comparator!

Hi
You can use directly a op-amp with single supply (0V-5V) or use Triger Smith circuit.
muoinho

test_out said:
Hi,

Can any one suggest me some analog circuit for voltage comparation?
This comparator will compare a voltage input and a reference input and give me the logic level?

Thanks

make IC 741 as a comparator or as schmitt trigger....both will will act as comparator

Hi

I think that yow will find good information at ths link...

**broken link removed**

Best regards
Pendragon

To design a comparator, you need to have high gain amplifer. To achieve this, design a folded cascode + gain boost architecture. Then this amplifier have to be followed by a digital inverter buffer to determine your output logic level for input voltage comparison.

comparator!

In Allen and Holberg book there is many type of comparator..from two stgae to hysterisys even latch type.

i attched a type of comparator

it can compare voltage but how small the different volatge it can compare@resolution is up to u to design and selecting the transistor size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back