Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Suggest me replacement for a manual clip for holding a plastic sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuhafss

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Here is sketch of a platform, which moves forward/backward. The motion is to be controlled by an electronic circuit using a stepper motor. The platform has to carry a plastic sheet measuring about 5" x 18". There is a clip on the top which is to hold the sheet firmly during operation/process.

I am looking to replace the manual clip for holding the sheet with some small mechanism which could be controlled electronically. Can anybody help me with some suitable suggestion, please.

Attachments

• Platform.jpg
    Platform.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

The most reliable and simple solution is to use pneumatics - there are many pneumatic grips available on the market. It's easy to control the pneumatic actuator, it has high speed of movement and the force could be easily adjusted by reducing the pressure. I would suggest to use the smallest actutors (10mm diameter and 5mm move).

The only one disadvantage - you need high pressure air.

I had another thought. I still do not know what the actual mechanism is meant to do, but how about using a vacuum chuck to hold your plastic sheet then the vacuum chuck can slide about in a controlled way and even pick up and drop the sheet.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back