Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit12345

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a circuit which can produce constant voltage equal to 1.25v.VDD varies from 1.25 to 1.5.Should be compatable with cmos process.can any one suggest smple ckt for this.

voltage regulator

I think you can try unit gain bufeer , But the unit gain buffer need to drive low load (It is depand on your circuit) . The input is 1.25v form Bandgap circuit . I think it is better .

voltage regulator

Thanks mitgrace,
I devolaped bandgap ckt for .5 volts.but it suffers from supply variations.so i wanna go for a regulator for solving this problem.

voltage regulator

u can use a charge pump based regulator. It is a very common design.

voltage regulator

what kinds of charge pump?

Re: voltage regulator

Please specify the current rating. you can use voltage regulator LM317, carefully go through the Datasheet., where you can find precise voltage control using LM317 from 0V. I also did it for a precise control equipment. I did it to vary the voltage from 0V to 24V with two decimal accuracy. You should have negative voltage inorder to do this!.

ankit12345 said:
I need a circuit which can produce constant voltage equal to 1.25v.VDD varies from 1.25 to 1.5.Should be compatable with cmos process.can any one suggest smple ckt for this.

Re: voltage regulator

use a 7805 & have 5 in4007 diodes all in series. the dides are connected back to back. i.e. diode1 anode connected to diode 2 cathode.
that is

pin2 of 7805 -->anode1-->cathode1--> anode2-->cathode2--> anode3-->cathode3 -->anode4-->cathode4 --> anode5-->cathode5 -->ground

voltage regulator

I wanna implement in cadence spectra.....please suggest any site where i can find ckt diagram for implimentation in cmos technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back