Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a very small PCB connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

slide

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in need of a very small 7 pin connector to fit on a PCB that has a width of 0.75". Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Small PCB Connector

what kind of connector 7pins of digital mixed rf etc ???
please be more precise as to its use

Small PCB Connector

There are 3.3V and ground lines, 1 on/off toggle for a chip, 1 LED on/off line and 3 analog signals.

you could use a svideo type socket it is 8 pins
there are pcb mount types that have a low profile
i take it you want to plug in an out more than a few times
concider a rugged socket like this

There is a range of single-row PCB connectors, including 7-way (width <0.5") ..
Here are details:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Small PCB Connector

Thanks those look good but I was just thinking, since space is a major issue, maybe I could do something like a PCI card slot, but alot smaller? Are there cables that can connect directly onto the pcb (both ends will be pcbs)

You don't really want to use a connector similar to a pci, as with only 2cm/0.75" there will be very little friction to hold the ends of the connector together.
Why not just use something like this,

https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Connecto...MP/0-0826470-4/displayProduct.jsp?sku=9689036

That is a right angle connector, you can get straight connectors too. If you buy a female one for your other board you can clip them straignt together.

As long as you're not working with high frequencies it'l' be fine.

Check the current ratings though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back