Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a suitable topic for PhD in RF IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

surianova

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all!

i plan to study PHd in RF ic design. May i know what is the topic suitable to do Phd?

Phd

depend on your interest, any field can be a doctor thesis of the rf ic field

Re: Phd

springf2000 said:
depend on your interest, any field can be a doctor thesis of the rf ic field

is it better to build the whole receiver / transceiver system ? or just focus on LNA or power amplifier?

Re: Phd

First of all, do you want a PhD just because you want the title or because of interest in field? What I mean is that people who are thinking about a PhD should have some idea of topics to research. I find that there are too many people today looking for a PhD position just because they want status. Anyway I'm not judging you or anyone else, just think through it first.

So in RFIC there are many topics. First you should try to think if there is some specific area you have more interest in. For example, are you more into system design architectures or do you want to deal with circuit and IC implementation issues? Or maybe you have some specific interest in filters or mixers.

I think the best way to go is to first have some working experience in the area of interest and then go for a PhD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back